The 2021 NM Day at the Capitol will take place this year virtually. We are calling it:
VIRTUAL DAY OF ACTION!
NM Chronic Disease Prevention Council, New Mexico Allied Council on Tobacco, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, American Lung Association, and the American Heart Association along with Evolvement New Mexico and the Southwest Tribal Tobacco Coalition and various community members will join together for activities that include a panel discussion, advocating for passage of meaningful legislation, and advocacy training on how to tell your story to lawmakers about tobacco laws in New Mexico.
- Virtual Day of Action Agenda
- 2020 DAC Legislative Priorities
- Tobacco Preemption Repeal: Why local control of tobacco sales in important >>
- New Mexico Preemption Infographic >>
- Tobacco Tax Benefits >>
- HOW TOBACCO TAXES RAISE REVENUE + SAVE LIVES (infographic) >>
Goals for Virtual Day of Action include:
- Inform attendees about the use of tobacco and nicotine products
- Train attendees on how to speak to lawmakers about NMACT's 2021 legislative priorities including increasing tobacco taxation in New Mexico and increasing tobacco use prevention and cessation funding
Every participant will receive a T-shirt to wear during our Zoom event.
For outside the city of ABQ and RR, please email Devona@ChronicDiseaseNM.org with your t-shirt size and mailing address. Only those outside the ABQ/RR city limits will get their t-shirt mailed.
For all local registrants (ABQ and RR area), you can pick up your t-shirt anytime before
February 2nd, 2021
1500 N. Renaissance Blvd,
Albuquerque, NM 87107.
Masks are required for pick-up and ask for Daniel.